Sep 3, 2013

MFT New Product Tour


Hello and welcome to the August edition of MFT's New Product Tour!  The wait is over and all of the new products we've been showcasing this week are now available in the MFT Boutique!

My family just finished our first week of school, so I had made each kiddo a little card to celebrate the new school year.  I'm featuring Laina Lamb Designs new set, LLD Document It - School Days along with the coordinating LLD Accent It - School Days Die-namics.

This card is for my oldest.  It's a special year - her last year in elementary school.


I have a lot of elements on this card using the LLD Accent It - School Days Die-namics.  I started by cutting out the light bulb and the banner in Smooth White Card Stock and then I used the coordinating stamps from LLD Document It - School Days.  The light bulb is Lemon Drop Ink and Steel Grey Ink; and then the banner is Blu Raspberry Ink.


I cut out the LLD Border It - Numbers Die-namics in Steel Grey Card Stock and then added the little accents to show her 5th grade awesomeness.





My middle child is in 2nd grade this year and he loves school (and recess).
 

I cut out a LLD Insert It - 3x4 Notepad Die-namics in Smooth White Card Stock and then stamped the lined paper image from LLD Journal It - Take Note in Steel Grey Card Stock.  I added a row of boys and girls in Sour Apple Ink and then added the Electric Red A+ accent.





My baby girl is in Kindergarten this year and would much rather be home with me, poor girl.  I think she's realizing school is pretty fun and she is more and more excited to go each morning.  I may have spoiled her a bit last year with lots of mommy dates to Starbucks.  haha!


I created a fun background using the little boy and girl images from LLD Document It - School Days.  I stamped them repeatedly in Black Licorice Ink on Steel Grey Card Stock and then popped the layer up over some Berrylicious Card Stock.  I used the same background technique with some of the word stamps from the set as well, stamping them in Gumdrop Green Ink on Sour Apple Card Stock.  I don't know why I haven't thought of that before - I love it!  Finally, I added the little apple image along with the banner die from LLD Accent It - School Days Die-namics.  





Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for a complete list of all designers playing along in this month's New Product Tour.

Thanks so much for stopping by!








recipes 
star student card - 
stamps: lld document it - school days (mft), lld journal it - head of the class (mft), ljd textile backgrounds (mft), large scale backgrounds (mft)
paper: steel grey (mft), smoothwhite (mft), electric red (mft), sour apple (mft), berrylicious (mft), blu raspberry (mft)
ink: steel grey (mft), lemon drop (mft), gumdrop green (mft), blu raspberry (mft)
accessories: lld accent it - school days die-namics (mft), lld insert it 3x4 notebook paper die-namics (mft), lld border it - numbers die-namics (mft), star stax die-namics (mft), jumbo fishtail banner stax die-namics (mft), pierced circle stax die-namics (mft), berrylicious buttons (mft), white perle thread, foam tape

school days card -
stamps: lld document it - school days (mft), lld journal it - take note (mft), ljd textile backgrounds (mft)
paper: steel grey (mft), smoothwhite (mft), electric red (mft), sour apple (mft), nightshift blue (mft)
ink: steel grey (mft), black licorice (mft), sour apple (mft), electric red (mft)
accessories: lld accent it - school days die-namics (mft), lld insert it 3x4 notepad die-namics (mft), lld border it - numbers die-namics (mft),  jumbo fishtail banner stax die-namics (mft),  foam tape

back to school card -
stamps: lld document it - school days (mft), large scale backgrounds (mft)
paper: steel grey (mft), smoothwhite (mft), sour apple (mft), berrylicious (mft)
ink: steel grey (mft), gumdrop green (mft), berrylicious (mft)
accessories: lld accent it - school days die-namics (mft), pierced rectangle stax die-namics (mft), foam tape

2 comments:

Janeen said...

Great idea for the kids

zehra said...

beautiful cards